Forthcoming Road Closure

There will be a temporary road closure between 25 February 2019 – 01 March 2019 at High Cross Hartington, to facilitate clearing BT ducting blockages.

Forthcoming Elections

All parish seats will be up for election on 2nd May and any existing Members, who wish to continue, will have to stand for election alongside any new candidates.

To maintain impartiality the clerk cannot assist sitting or prospective members with their applications and, consequently, Derbyshire Dales District Council will not be supplying nomination packs to Parish and Town Clerks. Those who wish to stand can download nomination packs from our website at:

Candidate Briefings

The returning officer has arranged a briefing for prospective candidates at Matlock Town Hall at 6.00pm on Tuesday 19 February 2019 when she will outline what the role entails and the nomination process. This is open to anyone interested in standing for election in Derbyshire Dales.

There will be a further briefing for confirmed candidates on Tuesday 9 April 2019, also at Matlock Town Hall at 6.00pm. On this occasion the Returning Officer will point out some election do’s and don’ts and also provide details of the counting arrangements. All confirmed candidates and agents (where appropriate) are invited.


The Returning Officer will accept nominations at Matlock Town Hall:

  • 18 March – 3 April (between 10am and 4pm)

At the Agricultural Business Centre Bakewell:

  • Friday 22 March – 2pm – 4pm
  • Monday 25 March – 10am – 12 noon

At Ashbourne Town Hall:

  • Friday 22 March – 10 am – 12 noon
  • Monday 25 March – 2pm – 4pm

Whilst not mandatory, candidates are strongly advised to make an appointment during the above times, by calling 01629 761335, to avoid delay and to allow the Returning Officer and her staff to carry out an informal check of the nomination so that any errors or omissions can be rectified prior to formal submission.

Disposal of Assets

Hartington Nether Quarter Parish Council would like to dispose of the following assets:

  • A Honda Izy 18” cut self-propelled lawn mower
  • (The deck is rusty and has a hole in it)
  • A Honda Izy 21” cut self-propelled lawn mower
  • (This is in good condition but requires servicing)
  • A petrol strimmer

Interest in the above items should be made by sealed bids and given to a member of Hartington Nether Quarter Parish Council prior to the next parish council meeting on Monday, 4th March 2019

Please email the clerk to the parish council using the contact us section or ring the clerk on 01335 310409 to express an interest and to arrange to view these items.

Thank you
Mrs S Hampson
Hartington Nether Quarter Parish Council

25th January 2019

Snow Warden Required

The parish council is seeking contact from interested parties in becoming a snow warden for the village of Biggin.

This voluntary position would include training through Derbyshire County Council (DCC) and primarily includes clearing snow from village pavements and footpaths during periods of snow. Some free grit will be provided by DCC as part of this scheme. The scheme is not concerned with clearing roads.

If this position is of interest then please approach one of the parish Councillors or contact the Clerk via the ‘Contact Form’ on our Contact Us Page.