Breach of Regulations

Regarding holiday cottages, public houses etc during the period of the ‘lockdown’.

The parish council has received a few complaints regarding possible breaches of the government regulations during the period of the ‘lockdown’. These have been forwarded to the local authority; however, the parish council has now received the following statement from Derbyshire County Council (DCC):

DCC is being inundated with complaints on many aspects of COVID (as well as our regular work) and it causes extra work if people come to us directly. Citizens Advice are paid by the government to take calls from consumers all over the country. They log them, give advice if possible and refer all of the complaints to the relevant Trading Standards, directly into our database. We consider them all on a daily basis and take whatever action is necessary.

Please, therefore, report any breaches of regulations directly to the following service:

Citizens Advice Consumer Service 0808 223 1133

You can also chat online or complete an online form. You can be anonymous.

S Hampson
Hartington Nether Quarter Parish Council

15th April 2020