A meeting of Hartington Nether Quarter Parish Council
was held on Monday, 9th April 2018 at 
7.30 pm in Biggin Village Hall.

Present:  J Bonsall, J Coles, D Currington, S McCurrach and the clerk, S Hampson.  There were two members of the public in attendance.

Part 1 non-confidential information

18.4.1 Apologies
Apologies had been received in advance of the meeting from J Brindley.

18.4.2 Declaration of personal/prejudicial interest of councilors
There was no need, by any member present at the meeting, to complete an entry in the register.

18.4.3 Minutes of the previous meeting
These were accepted as a true record of proceedings and signed in the meeting by Mrs Bonsall (Prop SM, Sec DC)

18.3.4 Matters arising from pre-meeting
The clerk reported that the local ranger had advised her that she had made a temporary repair to the damaged gate referred to in previous minutes.  The gate is now on her list for future replacement. The clerk also advised that she had updated documents on the parish council’s website.

18.4.5 Public speaking procedures document
One of the members of the public in attendance was familiar with the above document the other member of the public was provided with a copy prior to the public speaking section.

18.4.6 Public speaking
One of the members of the public had attended with regard to his role in checking the community defibrillator.  He had checked the life of the battery and advised that it would need replacing in February 2019.  The pads were replaced last year.  It is possible to undertake a voice test on the defibrillator.  The parish council members give thanks for his dedication in continuously checking the defibrillator since its installation.  He also confirmed that he would be prepared to continue to check the defibrillator once it is relocated.

Resolved:  Mrs Coles to take the defibrillator to the surgery to enable the voice test to be completed.

It was reported during public speaking that the bridge between the A515 and Main Street had recently been hit by a person unknown at the time of the meeting.  The safety of the bridge was questioned as a section has been removed as a consequence of the collision.

Resolved:  The clerk to contact Derbyshire County Council (DCC) and Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA) regarding the collision to the bridge.

18.4.7 Biggin Village Hall
Members were advised that Rural Action Derbyshire (RAD) has looked at village hall documentation in connection with holding trusteeship.  Their normal recommendation would be the use of the Charity Commission for such purposes.  Previous trustees of the village hall living abroad have now been contacted.  New documentation for future trustees will need to be prepared.

Resolved:  to continue to place the item on future agendas.

18.4.8 Defibrillator
Please also see information detailed under the public speaking section.  Following the March parish council meeting the clerk had written to the headteacher at the primary school to officially request a relocation of the community defibrillator to the primary school. It would be preferable not to replace the existing cabinet with a key coded one due to avoid wasting time in access to the defibrillator.

Resolved:  to readvertise the location of the defibrillator if confirmation is received from the primary school.

Resolved:  to reimburse electrical costs at the time of the relocation.

The Pikehall resident had updated the clerk about progress towards the achievement of a defibrillator at Pikehall following receipt of her letter.  The resident is now using an organisation called Community Heartbeat Trust who is assisting with the financial issues.  The resident has also completed paperwork to enable the Trust to acquire the phone kiosk from BT Openreach. She has also completed additional fund raising in the sum of £150 through knitting Easter chickens. The resident will attempt to attend the May parish council meeting.

18.4.9 Heathcote Mere plinth and interpretation panel
The clerk had contacted the person concerned with the production of the panel.  She had confirmed that she will work within the parish council’s financial limits.  The clerk reiterated design cost for the banner and one interpretation panel.  Members discussed the possible merits of acquiring a second duplicate copy at the same time.  Members also discussed an appropriate day to meet with the organiser, designer and artist and progress matters to meeting with the quarry personnel to select the stone.

Resolved:  Mrs Bonsall to liaise with the artist.

Resolved:  the clerk to provide the organiser with members’ contact numbers and to advise that Mondays or weekends would be the most appropriate meeting days.

18.4.10 Grit bins and snow warden
There was no update for this agenda item.

Resolved:  The clerk to contact a Heathcote resident to check if the grit bin in Heathcote has been refilled.

18.4.11 Tree surgery at the War Memorial
The appointed tree surgeon had advised the clerk that he would be returning at the end of April or beginning of May to complete the tree surgery work at the War Memorial.  The clerk had received an email via the website from a resident concerned with some tree pruning on his family’s land.  Enquiries had been made and the matter was resolved prior to the meeting.

18.4.12 Items of account, salaries, grounds person, HMRC

Cq 1028 S Hampson April internet provision £10.00
Cq 1029 S Hampson April net Salary £179.39
Cq 1030 S Hampson Reimb. of expenses and ink £21.69
Cq 1031 G Tilson April net Salary £96.87
Cq 1032 DALC Annual subscription £161.08

The clerk asked for Biggin Village Hall’s hire invoice to be submitted.

18.4.13 Planning applications, planning sub-committee and appeals
Members considered a number of planning applications but spent considerable time considering an application at Friden to replace a wooden bungalow with a house but not on the existing footprint.

Resolved:  to support proposals at Birdsgrove, Ivy House and Biggin Primary School.

Resolved:  to support the application but with reservations due to the substantial size of the proposal and the need to be sympathetic to the area.

18.4.14 Correspondence and Communication
Included:  speed restrictions in the vicinity of Friden and Newhaven over the next few months; DALC circulars, youth shelter available for reclaim, GDPR subject requests should now become free but the GDPR officer should not be the clerk to the parish council; DCC will not close 45 libraries but the budget will be reduced by £1.6 million.  DCC has no powers to give consent or charge traders operating from laybys and will not be taking any action concerning the van operating at Newhaven.

The agent acting for a property owner in Biggin had forward a map to annotate following his attendance at the previous meeting.  The request was to annotate potential areas for car parking and an indication of required numbers as part of a scheme.  Mixed opinions were received on this.

It was reported that there had recently been some noise disturbance from a caravan site at the top of Porridge Lane past midnight.  Speeding issues on Drury Lane continue to be of concern including that of some drivers of the local service bus.

Resolved:  the clerk to contact the service bus provider and PCSO regarding speeding issues. The clerk to approach DCC to ascertain if it is possible to consider a sign similar to “It’s 30 for a reason”.

18.4.15 Items for the next agenda
Defibrillator, Heathcote Mere plinth, tree surgery, grit bins and snow warden, village hall trusteeship, accounts and audit, cemetery fees, GDPR and consent, village car parking, additional items to be compiled by the clerk.

18.4.16 Date of next meeting
14th May 2018 due to the bank holiday.

Apologies were received in advance for this meeting from Mrs J Coles and Mrs J Brindley

Part 2 Confidential Information
There was no confidential information to discuss.

The meeting was declared closed at 9.15 pm.

S Hampson
Clerk
Hartington Nether Quarter Parish Council

10th April 2018

©Hartington Nether Quarter Parish Council minutes remain draft until approved by the parish council at the next meeting